Chibi-Pa is not known as having the greatest Costume Contest in the world, but we sure try to make it fun. With categories for every type of cosplayer, we try to accommodate everyone.
Fill out the Online Entry Form HERE
- This is a family event. Please keep your costume/presentation PG-rated. Your costume should not have less fabric than your swimsuit.
- You must be an attendee of Chibi-Pa and fill out the registration forms in order to participate in the Costume Contest.
- All participants that are younger than 13 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while registering.
- We do not allow live steel during the Costume Contest or at any other Chibi-Pa events. All participants must follow our Weapons Policy, as well as our Onstage Rules.
- By registering and attending Chibi-Pa, all participants agree to follow the rules set in place by Chibi-Pa and its staff members. Participants also give permission for Chibi-Pa to take and use photographs from its events for its website and advertising.
- You must be an attendee of Chibi-Pa in order to register for the Costume Contest.
- You must have a reference picture of your costume. You must also have pictures of the creation of your costume. If you do not bring either one your costume will be severly crippled points wise. You may also bring a digital file to be projected on stage with you.
- You may register for the Costume Contest up to 30 minutes until the Prejudging is over. However, if you are not registered when Prejudging begins, Chibi-Pa cannot guarantee that your costume will be judged. Register early and please be 10 minutes early for both Prejudging and Presentation. Latecomers will be moved to the back of the line.
- Your costume will not be qualified for an award if you do not show up to both Prejudging AND Presentation.
- When you register, you will receive a number. Do not lose this number. This is the number for the order in which participants shall not only be prejudged but presented on stage. However, if you are not present when your number is called for Prejudging, you will be judged last, or possibly not at all.
- If you are pre-registered for Chibi-Pa, you may pre-register online for the Chibi-Pa Costume Contests. People who pre-register for the Costume Contest online will be judged and presented first. However, you still have to be ON TIME.
- Participants under 13 years of age will be judged separately.
- The awards will be determined based off of the number of entrants and announced prior to the presentation.
- Original costumes and characters will NOT be judged to the same caliber as other costumes from Anime/video games/etc.
- Participants in the Look-alike Category (store-bought/commissioned costumes) must note it on their registration form. If we catch you trying to pass off someone else’s work as your own, we can disqualify you immediately.
- Please be courteous during Prejudging and wait your turn. We will disqualify any disruptive participants.
- Please provide reference material when being judged; this applies to all entries. You cannot be judged properly if the judges do not know what to look for.
- All guns must have a visible orange tip and be peace-bonded. We offer peace-bonding as a free service to all Chibi-Pa attendees.
- We do not allow swords or any other weapons that are made of live steel. Please use an alternate material, such as wood, cardboard, styrofoam, rubber, etc.
- Swords/guns/misc. weapons are to be either sheathed or secured while in the hallways of the hotel. Please leave all oversized props in the car while not being prejudged or in line for the Costume Contest.
- Failure to follow our Weapons Policy will result in Chibi-Pa revoking your badge and your immediate expulsion from the hotel.
- You are allowed 2-3 poses for your presentation. We can disqualify you for taking too long.
- All costumes will be judged before the show during Prejudging.
- There will not be a microphone available.
- Weapons must be peace-bonded.
- Please do not brandish/throw props around on stage. This becomes a hazard and we would prefer for shurikens not to lodge themselves into an attendee’s neck.
- No liquids/substances that can cause messes (fake blood, water, etc.).
- No acrobatics or jumping off stage. Please use the stairs.
- Again, keep this PG-rated. No obscene costumes or signs with obscenities.
- If your costume is unable to safely get on stage, Chibi-Pa reserves the right to hold your costume from presentation. If it wins a category, we will award the participant afterwards.
CATEGORIES AND PRIZES:
- Best in Show: best costume overall - $500 Board Member Pass
- Novice: has never won a costume contest before - $250 Investor Pass
- Journeymen: has won less than three other contests - $250 Investor Pass
- Master: has won more than three other contests - $250 Investor Pass
- Youth: under 13 years old - $250 Investor Pass
- Props: the things that go with the costume (costume does not have to be present) - Weekend Pass to next year's Chibi-Pa
- Look-alike: store bought costumes - Weekend Pass to next year's Chibi-Pa
- Group: more than one person in costume - up to 4 Weekend Passes to next year's Chibi-Pa
- Fan Favorite: loudest cheers of the crowd - Our Adoration
- Chairman's Award: Jason & Lynn picks their favorite costume - Secret Prize
All rules are subject to change and all Chibi-Pa staff reserves the right to do what it takes to keep a fun, safe, and family-friendly convention environment. Chibi-Pa staff has the final say in rule disputes. If there are any questions, doubts, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Cosplay Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a Chibi-Pa staff member.